Happy Earth Day to all you lovely sewist around our wonderful world! I wish you a splendid sewing journey. While you’re working on your brilliant sewing projects today, take a moment and think about how we create and what that impact has on our mother Earth.
Here are just a few of my tips to share that you may find useful. I hope you’ll try one and pass these on with other tips you use, to your social circles.
- Take a ‘Slow Sewing‘ pledge.
- Shop in your closet. Refashion clothes into ‘newer’ items.
- Donate unused clothing, fabrics, patterns and notions to textile transition orgs or thrifts.
- Shop for textiles and notions at thrifts and re-purpose shops.
- Have a wardrobe ‘fashion swap’show. Invite others to contribute.
- Plan a fat quarter or scrap bag fabric swap picnic/tea party/coffee klatch.
- Purchase sustainable or renewable fiber cloth locally whenever possible.
What other Earth friendly sewing tips do you use?
Oh, and here is one of my recent fave re-fashion top.